Golf Course Management

JUL 2015

Golf Course Management magazine is dedicated to advancing the golf course superintendent profession and helping GCSAA members achieve career success.

Issue link: http://gcmdigital.gcsaa.org/i/532236

Contents of this Issue

Navigation

Page 102 of 139

07.15 GOLF COURSE MANAGEMENT 101 has had a great infuence on my career and helped shape my love of the game and for competition since I frst picked up a club at age 10," Nicklaus says. "My associa- tion with them — from the championships I played to the USGA leaders who have impacted my life — is one I have always valued. For them to recognize my career and life with this addition to the USGA Museum is humbling and meaningful to me and my family." ValleyCrest Golf Maintenance has reached a long-term agreement to provide comprehensive golf course maintenance at Longleaf Golf & Family Club in Southern Pines, N.C. The club has been acquired and is being operated by U.S. Kids Golf Foundation, with the focus of becoming a living laboratory for growing kids' and family golf in a traditional club environment. Joining the U.S. Kids team at Longleaf will be incumbent superin- tendent Martin Acker; Mike Harbin, CGCS , ValleyCrest area director, Southeast; Todd Bunnell, Ph.D. , ValleyCrest vice president of agronomy; and the entire ValleyCrest golf team. ValleyCrest Golf Maintenance, a division of ValleyCrest Companies, provides a full range New positions ANNOUNCED West Coast Turf (WCT) recently made changes and additions to its team. John Marman was named vice president of sales and marketing, and Anthony Pulizzano was selected as the new Southern California sales representative. Marman has been with WCT for nearly 20 years and originally started working hands-on in the feld shortly after graduat- ing from the University of California, Riverside with a degree in environmental sciences. Most recently, Marman held the company's regional sales manager position. He replaces recently retired vice president Jeff Cole. Pulizzano formerly was an in- side customer service representative and dispatcher at WCT's farm in Scottsdale, Ariz. He previously was a groundskeeper for the San Francisco Giants and Arizona Diamondbacks, as well as the University of California, Berkeley and the City of San Francisco Unifed School District. Most recently, Pulizzano worked for the Oakland Athletics' grounds crew. vast areas adjacent to many golf holes, especially here in Naples, that are already quite natural — a preserve, wet- land or woodland. This cart path strategy is a great way to create far more natural transitions from highly maintained turf to upland preserve." Reinders Inc. was presented in May with the 2014 Partner in Excellence award for Best in Parts Operations by The Toro Co. Reinders has won the award three times in four years. The award is based on a variety of criteria, including overall fll rate, inventory turns, distributor quarterly evaluations and an on-site visit by Toro personnel. Reinders was recognized for its best business practices relating to order accuracy, delivery time, back-order fulfllment and increasing Toro parts market share. The USGA unveiled The Jack Nicklaus Room at the USGA Museum on May 27 in Far Hills, N.J. The 1,200-square-foot exhibit space contains more than 80 artifacts and joins galleries that honor Bob Jones, Ben Hogan, Arnold Palmer and Mickey Wright. "The USGA Reinders Inc. The Jack Nicklaus Room Marman Pulizzano

Articles in this issue

Archives of this issue

view archives of Golf Course Management - JUL 2015